QA is process oriented: to prevent defects with a focus on fulfilling quality expectation and defect prevention. It is a proactive quality process.
The goal is to improve development and test processes so that defects don’t arise when the product is being developed.
The quality assurance activities are determined before production work begins and these activities are performed while the product being developed.
We go deeper and check if production and management procedures of the supplier are in right place.
Most of the productions in Indonesia are not supervised and monitored even after many times of complains about defects. The premises of the productions are not suitable and the production staff mostly is not well trained.
To tackle this problem and the causes we teach here primarily our staff and moreover the staff of suppliers and manufacturer units. We give here lessons based upon on customer needs for all effected employees.
The Quality Assurance consists of the following steps:
- Quality planning: Defining the criterias and specifications for the end-product, together with the customer.
- Quality guidance, quality scheme: comprises the instructions for the product and for the development as well as the monitoring of these instructions. Based on the result of quality control possible to adjust where necessary.
- Quality Control: target-actual comparison of products whether they fulfill the requirements. Including also checking the quality of design and the implementation of the process :
- Implementation of the process: checking the productions process itself and the outputs.
- Output control: random check.
- Production operation control : all defined actions in the right place and position.
On the other hand QC is product oriented. QC aims to identify defects and apply corrections in the finished feature/product. Therefore it is a reactive process.
The goal is to identify defects after a product is developed and before it’s released. Finding and eliminating sources of quality problems through tools and equipment so that customer’s requirements are continually met.
Quality control is about adherence to requirements. Testing is part of QC as well as technical reviews, code inspection etc.